One of my favorites
What You'll Need:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1 oz feta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Slice sweet potatoes evenly in half length wise. Coat them with a little olive oil and place face down on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roast sweet potatoes for 40-50 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender and soft.
- Prepare quinoa if you have not done so already.
- While the potatoes are roasting, add olive oil to a large pan and heat over medium heat. Add garlic and half the spinach and cook until wilted. Then add the rest of the spinach and cook until it's wilted - about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir cooked quinoa, pecans, cranberries, black pepper and salt into spinach mixture.
- When the potatoes are ready, remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Use a large spoon to gently press down the entire length of the open-faced potato, creating space to scoop the quinoa mixture into. Spoon quinoa and spinach mixture evenly over sweet potatoes and serve.