For your sweet tooth
What You'll Need:
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 small-medium over-ripe bananas
- 2 small zucchinis (2 cups grated, don't squeeze water out)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or any milk you prefer)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Recommended add-ins: chocolate chips and/or chopped walnuts
- Preheat over to 375F. Spray a muffin tin (or two, depending on its size) with cooking spray or grease with coconut oil
- Place flax seed and water in a small bowl. Stir and set aside to "gel"
- Place bananas in a large bowl and mash with a fork. Add grated zucchini, almond milk, vanilla extract, nut butter, maple syrup, and flax mixture, stirring to combine
- Add oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and chocolate chips/walnuts if you choose to add them. Stir until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups, filling to the top
- Bake for 23-28 minutes, or until fork comes out clean. Store cooled oatmeal cups in an air-tight container in the fridge. They will also freeze well, too!
Pro tip: when serving, warm the muffins in the microwave for 30 seconds and add creamy peanut butter on top. YUM!