lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, cubed
- 3 cups packed broccoli stems and florets, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato or yam, ¼ inch small cubes--small
cutesare key (~1½ cups cubed)
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp raisins (optional)
- ⅓ cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 ½ tsp. Italian seasoning, dried
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp.
- ¼ cup soft goat or feta cheese, crumbles^ (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Grease a large casserole dish with olive oil.
- Place cubed chicken on the bottom of casserole dish. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl combine broccoli, sweet potatoes, red onion, garlic, raisins, chopped walnuts, olive oil and herbs. Toss to coat.
- Top chicken with herb and vegetable mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and sweet potatoes are soft. Top with optional cheese just before serving.